Vintage Air 1947-55 Chevy Pick-Up GEN IV SureFit Kit
The Vintage Air SureFit kits are the best value and the most completely engineered air conditioning systems you can install in your classic car or truck. Add the fact that Vintage Air has been the most respected name in performance aftermarket climate control systems for over 36 years! The choice is obvious!
Street Rods by Michael sells and installs Vintage Air SureFit Kits
FREE SHIPPING ON SUREFIT KITS!
Vintage Air Advanced Design 47-55 Series 1* and GMC 47-55 Pick-Up Trucks GEN IV evaporator systems that install completely inside the cab for a clean, original looking engine compartment. Firewall plate mounts to original holes.
- Fly-by-wire fully electronic servo motor control with no cables or capillary tube to route.
- Infinite "just right temperature" air blending
- Infinite blower fan speed adjustment
- High-volume dehumidified-defrost mode
- Separate high capacity aluminum plate & fin cooling coil
- Copper/brass CuproBraze parallel flow heater coil
- Mounts behind dash
- Compatible with Vintage Air optional ProLine Controls
- Firewall plate for refrigerant and heater lines.
GEN IV System Complete Kit includes:
• Air conditioning, heating, defrost combination
• Built-in rotary controls
• Duct hose
• SuperFlow condenser
• Standard dryer
• Compressor bracket
• Pre-formed aluminum lines
• Steel firewall cover plate
• Hi/lo safety switch
• All mounting hardware and brackets
• Wiring harness
• Installation instructions
This SureFit system may interfere with some OEM radios and in-dash speakers.
* These kits fit Series 1 early season 1955 Advanced Design Chevy Trucks. Chevrolet ended the Advanced Design model trucks in mid-1955.
Some installations may require additional engine pulleys not included in this kit. You must provide pulleys, V-belts, heater hose and refrigerant.
Street Rods by Michael recommends running an electric fan with a shroud for keeping your radiator and condenser cool.